Friday, June 6, 2014

Summer Fun 2014

I have decided to take this blog in a different direction. I am still trying to become a super Flab-U-Less Mom but while I am trying to do that I am raising 3 wonderful kids, trying to be a great wife, helping my parents who are up in years, and hopefully I am being a good friend as well. I want this blog to be something my kids can look back on and say "We sure did have a lot of fun doing that!" I love facebook but I don't necessarily want to put EVERYTHING on there. I hope that if people want to read this blog they can but if they don't they don't have to see my crazy life unless they want to. I hope some of you want to go on this journey with me but if not that is ok too!

This summer we decided to do a "Summer Bucket List" We did this last year as well but to be honest I didn't think through a lot of the kids choices and we were not able to do a lot of things. Here are some of the fun things we did the past 2 weeks.

1. We started out at the zoo (We got a groupon for a zoo membership and unlimited carousel rides for $45). The kids had a blast and we even got to go to an educational show.



2. Swimming with Daddy at the Y (this is a rare treat because he works so much)
3. A visit with Ms. Katie and Isabella's recital weekend (we went out to eat, got ice cream, watched a big girl movie, and went to Jumpin Junction).
4. The boys went to a super fun VBS and Isabella went to her first tennis camp.

5. We decided after bathtime and the kids already had their PJs on to go eat at Orange Leaf (the kids thought it was hilarious that we were leaving the house in their PJs and with wet hair!)

6. We made rain clouds

Here is the link where you can find out how to do this experiment:

7. We spontaneously decided to go to the pool (looked at the radar and there was NO rain!) but when we got there it started pouring! The kids ate some pizza under the umbrella and then I sent them to play in the rain

8. We had a bonfire and once again it rained but we had a lot of fun with our friends!
9. Today was National Donut day so we went to Chattanooga with some friends to Chick-Fil-A and McKay's and also went and got a free donut!

Not too shabby for the first two weeks of summer break. I know you are on the edge of your seat to find out what we do next week but you will just have to wait a week =)


No comments:

Post a Comment